Welcome back to the QiRanger Podcast. Every week, I’ll endeavor to bring you important regional news and commentary and travel related stories. If you have something you’d like to add to the mix, please let me know. You might just find yourself in an episode!
The Spring 2014 Video Schedule
- Sunday – The QiRanger Podcast
- Wednesday – The Walk and Talk
- Friday – Travel and More
- Breaking News as it happens
- Daily videos on the VLOG channel
The News: WATCH
- Reunion talks – North and South Korea have agreed to hold separated family reunions from February 20th-25th at the Mt. Geumgang tourist resort complex in North Korea’s Gangwon Province… and just like last time, North Korea is already threatening to cancel them. The South Korean government always falls into the same trap of trusting North Korea. WATCH
- Park wants more tourism – President Park feels that a stronger domestic tourism campaign will boost foreign travelers. She’s wrong. WATCH
- The East Sea in US – The Virginia House has passed a bill requiring use of the East Sea and Sea of Japan in educational matters. Japan opposed the matter and lobbied against it. National Geographic has included (East Sea) since 1999. Japan threatens to pull out. WATCH
- Can NHK be trusted? Several senior members of NHK, Japan’s National broadcaster seem to be parroting the government’s stance on events, rather than being impartial. Is this the end of respect for the NHK? WATCH
- Abe offers to meet with Park. Since taking office, neither Park nor Abe have met. South Korea’s President has issued a statement that she will not meet with Japan’s leader until the nation makes a full and meaningful apology for its wartime actions. Abe says he wants an open dialog to mend ties, but if Park continues to stick to her guns, then no meeting will take place and Abe will win the PR war. WATCH
Take Me Away: WATCH
This week we’ll be discussing Sex in South East Asia.
Ladies and gentlemen, that will do it for this week’s podcast. Thank you so much for joining me this week. To keep up with all I do, visit QiRanger.com or Google Plus. Travel and news videos are released at 5am KST on the main QiRanger Channel and daily VLOGS usually around 4pm on The Vlog Channel. Be sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun.
If you have any feedback, be sure to drop me a line at email@example.com but until next time, remember to be true to yourself, and always be awesome.
The QiRanger Podcast is written and produced by Steve Miller and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. “Morning Blue,” was written and performed by Josh Woodward.